Are your fragrances authentic?
Yes, every fragrance in the Rendezvous roster is guaranteed to be a 100% authentic scent from ultra-lux 'niche' & 'indie' brands. We do not use ‘clones’ or knock-offs, and we do not make or sell our own blends - we leave that up to the professionals!
What are 'Designer', 'Niche', and 'Indie' fragrances, and how do they differ from each other?
- Designer fragrances include any scent created by a fashion house: YSL, Gucci, D&G, Armani etc. Designers are priced lower than 'niche' & 'indie' fragrances while exhibiting the largest distribution, meaning they are readily available in most department / drug stores. These fragrances are created with the widest section of the market in mind, resulting in their mass-appealing, easy-to-wear profiles, and are often highly versatile. Designer releases are typically gendered as a way to market and sell the product.
- Niche fragrances are created by brands that focus exclusively on perfumery, and not ready-to-wear fashion, makeup, handbags, and accessories. Niche houses cater to a smaller, more focused market with lower distribution, making them harder to find depending on where you live. Because niche perfume isn’t created on as mass-market a scale, the 'nose' commissioned by the house to create these scents often has a much larger budget to work with. The resulting perfume typically features premium quality raw materials and naturals in higher concentrations, contributing to the bottle’s superior performance and luxury status. Niche fragrances are detailed, layered creations that take more creative risks and focus less on gendered marketing. Here, unisex perfumes are the norm.
- Indie fragrances are created by independent houses in small batches. Sharing similarities to niche scents with their higher quality and higher price-point, indie fragrances have the narrowest distribution and may only be available online or in select boutiques around the world. Indie perfumers tend to take the greatest artistic liberties with their creations, designing highly conceptual scents that draw inspiration from unlikely places; challenging industry standards and our own perceptions of what a fragrance can be. They are created for that rebellious, free-spirited soul who values uniqueness, artistry, and individuality. Gender typically falls out of the conversation entirely as the perfumer prioritizes concept over convention.
- Rendezvous is proud to work exclusively with luxurious niche and indie fragrances, connecting you with the highest caliber scents from around the world.
Rendezvous travel tubes consist of an exterior shell and an interior glass vial, also known as an 'atomizer'. Simply twist the top segment of the shell clockwise and the atomizer will present itself. To discover your scent, remove the vial by gripping the gold head and pulling gently.
Each glass vial will have approximately 160 sprays and is carry-on friendly!
Perfume travel tubes are typically found in either 7.5ml/0.25fl oz or 10ml/0.34fl oz sizes. This amount lends itself to portability and convenience, while offering a wardrobing amount of perfume to enjoy in a variety of seasons and environments.
At Rendezvous, we're proud to provide our subscribers with the most generous size of 10ml. While this difference may seem insignificant, the extra few millilitres translates to dozens more applications, and it's the largest subscription-based fragrance tube on the market.
Switching Scent Journeys
Since our mission is to make experiencing luxury perfume easy and accessible, Rendezvous subscribers are welcome to switch journeys if and when they’re ready to try something new!
To switch your Scent Journey, simply log into your customer portal and click the “edit” button to the right of your current journey. To ensure your order is correct the following month, please try to switch before the 15th.
We recommend subscribers commit to a particular journey for at least 3 months to get a sense of the variation within a journey. For example, the Radiant Garden journey may feature a floral fragrance the first month, something fruitier the second month, something more honeyed the third, and so on.
Sample Pack Program
Each Sample Pack contains 1ml of each of the 6 fragrances within a Scent Journey, so you can experience them first-hand before making your subscription! While the identities of these luxury fragrances will be kept secret, this service allows you to determine if this Scent Journey is right for you.
As an added perk for trying our Sample Pack, we’re offering customers one bonus sample, a 7th scent in each pack, which can be used to swap out your least favourite fragrance when you embark on the corresponding Scent Journey! This way, your journey is customized to your unique taste while saving you from paying for a fragrance you don’t fancy. That’s 7mls total with 16 applications per fragrance, and free shipping!
To ensure you take advantage of this Sample Pack perk when subscribing to a Scent Journey, be sure to email email@example.com with your order number and the number of the fragrance you’d like to swap out in favour of the bonus 7th option. If the 7th option is the one you’re not keen on, then no communication is needed when subscribing to the corresponding journey.
What happens when I get to the end of my Scent Journey?
With your final box comes an email reminder that it is the last fragrance in the series. After it arrives you are welcome to select a new Scent Journey to embark on, explore an entire journey through the Sample Pack program, or, if you're satisfied with your new fragrance wardrobe, you may unsubscribe.
Whether you are four journeys deep or a curious one-time customer, we would LOVE to hear from you! Sound off on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok , or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you think of the Rendezvous experience!
Can I send someone else a Rendezvous box?
Yes! With our ‘bill to’ ‘ship to’ function, you can gift someone special a Rendezvous box while covering the cost for them. Keep in mind they’ll receive a new box each month you’re subscribed, which you’ll be charged for, so deciding upfront on the duration of this gift-that-keeps-on-giving is recommended. As a reminder, each scent journey lasts six months, with recipients receiving one 10ml fragrance vial each month.
Is there a way I can adjust the frequency of my Rendezvous subscription?
Absolutely! Once you've decided which Scent Journey you'd like, you can select how often you'll receive a box, and thus the frequency of your billing. Subscribers can choose to receive a Rendezvous box each month, or one every second month.
I received my Rendezvous box home but I'm not sold on the scent. What now?
We understand how personal fragrance can be, and that along your Scent Journey you may encounter a fragrance that isn’t love-at-first-sniff. In this event there is one piece of advice we can confidently share, and that is to give the fragrance a chance.
In the short term:
- When you first spray a fragrance it's important to give it time to settle and evolve on your skin. Most fragrances are structured with ‘top’, ‘middle’, and ‘base’ notes, meaning they will smell one way in their ‘opening’, then transition into their ‘heart’ and ‘dry-down’ as the hours progress. The rate at which this happens is different for every perfume, and environmental factors can sometimes influence this process. We advise trying your scents on different days, in different environments, and with different outfits to really get a feel for each unique creation.
In the mid term:
- Each person has their own unique skin chemistry, in fact, we like to say the last ingredient in any perfume is your own skin. Sometimes this affects the scent subtly, and in much rarer cases, more noticeably. Other factors like where and how it's sprayed, much can also have an effect.
In the long term:
- Fragrance uses environmental heat and moisture to diffuse properly, which is why light scents struggle to project in the cold dryness of Winter, and rich scents can become nuclear in the humidity of Summer. Should you encounter a fragrance that doesn't sell you right away, we suggest waiting a few months for the seasons to shift. You may be surprised by how your impression of it changes in this new climate!
- The aforementioned technique has the additional benefit of time on it's side. It is par for the course to encounter a scent you may not enjoy, for whatever reason, only to rediscover it months later and find yourself totally invested in it! Our tastes change - they evolve and sharpen the more we experience, so be open to the likely possibility you may one day adore a scent you hated at first! It is this exact phenomenon that makes perfume so exciting, dynamic and rewarding.