Are your fragrances authentic?
Yes, every fragrance in the Rendezvous roster is guaranteed to be a 100% authentic scent from ultra-lux 'niche' & 'indie' brands. We do not use ‘clones’ or knock-offs, and we do not make or sell our own blends - we leave that up to the professionals!
What are 'Designer', 'Niche', and 'Indie' fragrances, and how do they differ from each other?
- Designer fragrances include any scent created by a fashion house: YSL, Gucci, D&G, Armani etc. Designers are priced lower than 'niche' & 'indie' fragrances while exhibiting the largest distribution, meaning they are redily available in most department / drug stores. These fragrances are created with the widest section of the market in mind, resulting in their mass-appealing, easy-to-wear profiles, and are often highly versatile. Designer releases are typically gendered as a way to market and sell the product.
- Niche fragrances are created by brands that focus exclusively on perfumery, and not ready-to-wear fashion, accessories, makeup, handbags etc. Niche houses cater to a smaller, more focused market with lower distribution, making them harder to find depending on where you live. Because niche perfume isn’t created on as mass-market a scale, the 'nose' commissioned by the house to create these scents often has a much larger budget to work with. The resulting perfume typically features rarer, better quality, and more expensive raw materials and naturals which contributes to the bottle’s higher price-point and luxury status. Niche fragrances are detailed, layered creations with superior performance, higher concentrations, take more creative risks, and focus less on gendered marketing. Here, unisex perfumes are the norm.
- Indie fragrances are created by independent houses in small batches. Sharing similarities to niche scents with their higher quality and higher price-point, indie fragrances have the narrowest distribution and may only be available online or in select boutiques around the world. Indie perfumers tend to take the greatest artistic liberties with their creations, designing highly conceptual scents that draw inspiration from unlikely places; even challenging industry standards and our own perceptions of what a fragrance can be. They are made for that rebellious, free-spirited soul who values uniqueness, artistry, and individuality. Gender typically falls out of the conversation entirely as the perfumer prioritizes concept over convention.
- Rendezvous is proud to work exclusively with luxurious niche and indie fragrances, connecting you with the highest caliber scents from around the world.
Travel Tube Size
When it comes to perfume travel sizes, anything between 7.5ml/0.25fl.oz. & 10ml/0.34fl.oz. is considered the industry standard. This amount lends itself to portability and convenience, while offering the wearer ample time to enjoy the scent in a variety of scenarios and environments.
At Rendezvous, we're proud to provide our subscribers with the most generous size of 10ml. While this difference may seem insignificant, the extra few millilitres translates to dozens more applications, and it's the largest fragrance tube on the market.
The travel tubes consist of two components: the exterior shell and the interior glass vial, also known as an 'atomizer'. To access the perfume, simply twist the top segment a quarter-turn clockwise and the atomizer will present itself. Subscribers can remove this vial by gripping its gold head and pulling gently. To replace the atomizer, twist the shell to its 'open' position (where the 'RENDEZVOUS' letters are askew), insert the vial as deep as it will go, then 'close' the tube by twisting counterclockwise.
Subscribers will receive one exterior Rendezvous travel tube at the beginning of each new Scent Journey, then only the interior atomizers for the duration of the Journey. Additional travel tubes can be purchased on the Scent Journey page of our website.
Each glass vial will have approx. 160 sprays and is carry-on friendly!
Switching Scent Journeys
Since our mission is to make experiencing luxury perfume easy and accessible, Rendezvous subscribers are welcome to switch journeys if and when they’re ready to try something new!
To switch your Scent Journey, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org noting your current journey and the one you’d like to switch to. In order to start your new journey the following month, please contact Rendezvous before the 15th of the month.
It’s our recommendation subscribers commit to a particular journey for at least 3 months to get a sense of the variation within a journey. For example, the Radiant Garden journey may feature a floral fragrance the first month, something fruitier the second month, something more honeyed the third, and so on.
What happens when I get to the end of my six-month Scent Journey?
With your final box comes an email reminder that it is the last fragrance in the series. After it arrives you are welcome to select a new Scent Journey to embark on, or, if you're satisfied with your new fragrance wardrobe, you may unsubscribe. To do either of these two things, please send an email to email@example.com detailing the direction you'd like to take.
What should I do with my Rendezvous box after it arrives?
The soft interior is ideal for watches, jewelry, and sunglasses, in addition to your growing collection of Rendezvous fragrances. Should you wish to dispose of your box, please ensure it's recycled.
Can I send someone else a Rendezvous box?
Yes! With our ‘bill to’ ‘ship to’ function, you can gift someone special a Rendezvous box while covering the cost for them. Keep in mind they’ll receive a new box each month you’re subscribed, which you’ll be charged for, so deciding upfront on the duration of this gift-that-keeps-on-giving is recommended. As a reminder, each scent journey lasts six months, with recipients receiving one 10ml fragrance vial each month.
Is there a way I can adjust the frequency of my Rendezvous subscription?
Absolutely! Once you've decided which Scent Journey you'd like, you can select how often you'll receive a box, and thus the frequency of your billing. Subscribers can choose to receive a Rendezvous box each month, or one every second month.
I received my Rendezvous box home but i'm not sold on the scent. What now?
We understand how personal fragrance can be, and that along your Scent Journey you may encounter a fragrance that isn’t love-at-first-sniff. In this event there is one piece of advice we can confidently share, and that is to give the fragrance a chance.
In the short term:
- When you first spray a fragrance it's important to give it time to settle and evolve on your skin. Most fragrances are structured with ‘top’, ‘middle’, and ‘base’ notes, meaning they will smell one way in their ‘opening’, then transition into their ‘heart’ and ‘dry-down’ as the hours progress. The rate at which this happens is different for every perfume, and environmental factors can sometimes influence this process. We advise trying your scents on different days, in different environments, and with different outfits to really get a feel for each unique creation.
In the long term:
- Fragrance uses environmental heat and moisture to diffuse properly, which is why light scents struggle to project in the cold dryness of Winter, and rich scents can become nuclear in the humidity of Summer. Should you encounter a fragrance that doesn't sell you right away, we suggest waiting a few months for the seasons to shift. You may be surprised by how your impression of it changes in this new climate.
- The aforementioned technique has the additional benefit of time on it's side. It is par for the course to encounter a scent you may not enjoy, for whatever reason, only to rediscover it months later and find yourself totally invested in it. Our tastes change - they evolve and sharpen the more we experience, so be open to the likely possibility you may one day adore a scent you hated at first! It is this exact phenomenon that makes perfume so exciting, dynamic and rewarding.